Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Welcome!


Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog. I currently am student teaching at Maryville High School. I teach Algebra 2A CP which is the first half of Algebra 2 CP. The class mostly consists of sophomores with a few juniors. The class is for students who are slightly below average when it comes to math. Most of the students who make an A or B will move on to take Algebra 2 CP and will continue on the recommended standard path. Those who make a C or D will take Algebra 2B CP and will be placed on a path for lower achieving math students. Most of the students in the class are good workers and want to be successful in the class (which does not necessarily mean they want to pursue a career that uses a lot of math, they just want to learn the required amount). However, my mentor teacher and I have to consider issues such as late or missing homework, lack of studying, and general failure of paying attention or staying on task. I think this is a good class for my student teaching experience and I am very excited to be working with these students.

No comments:

Post a Comment